Stuffing is A Family Tradition — In a recent survey conducted by researchers at Mrs. Cubbison’s Kitchen, when asked which Thanksgiving dishes are handed down from previous family generations, the “stuffing” was by far the most important traditional family recipe.
What I was supposed to do was create and post about my family’s favorite stuffing recipe using Mrs. Cubbison;’s Stuffing mix. That, however, did not happen. Unfortunately due to moving I received a correspondence late and then UPS really messed things up and I am still without my stuffing. I can, however, share one of my favorite recipes with you and links to some others that were successful in creating their Mrs. Cubbison’s stuffing recipes.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (A must for a great stuffing)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (another must)
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing (Mrs. Cubbison’s is really good stuff ;-))
You can stuff the bird with this or cook it separate in a 2qt casserold dish coated with cooking spray and put in an oven at 350 for around 45 minutes. First, in a lg saucepan, melt the butter over a medium heat then add the onions and celery and cook around 7 minutes or until tender. Add the Chicken broth and stuffing mix & mix gently until it’s all combined. Then spoon it into the casserole dish or stuff the turkey and bake. If baking in the casserole dish check it after 20 minutes and add additional time until it’s heated throughout.
- Sausage and Mushroom stuffing (made my mouth water)
- Stuffing coated baked chicken (OH MY GOODNESS..so trying this)
- Fig and Oregonzola Herb Stuffing ( I haven’t even heard of Oregonzola :-))
- Italian Sausage and Fennel Stuffing ( This sounds great too. I love Italian sausage)
- Chicken breast, mushrooms soup, cheese stuffing
- Many more on Mrs. Cubbison’s Pinterest page too.
**Here is a coupon you can print out for $.55 off Two Mrs. Cubbison’s Salad Toppings Like croutons or southwest flavor tortilla chips.
**Here are some AWESOME Thanksgiving Tips.
You can follow Mrs. Cubbison’s on Facebook or website on Youtube.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.