Have you tried pickled eggs? I think most people love them or hate them. I didn’t much care for them but my husband really enjoys them so I did some research and wanted to tell you about a new favorite and one that I actually really enjoy as well. Mustard-Pickled-Eggs. You can use these for egg salad sandwiches and eliminate all of the salad dressing making for a healthier sandwich. These mustard eggs really taste like egg salad sandwiches. <3
You obviously start with hard boiled eggs and I have to share with you this new way to peel your hard-boiled eggs that we saw on Facebook and tried out for ourselves. I did it with 5 eggs then each of my two boys did one as well and I took a video of my youngest doing it to show you how the eggs come out perfect and you don’t have to pick at the eggs either.
- 1 C White Vinegar
- 1 C Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 C Water
- 1 Cup Granulated sugar
- 2 T. Yellow Mustard
- 1 T Mustard seed
- 1 T Celery seed
- 1 T Salt
- 6 Whole Cloves (the spice)
- 1/4 t. Turmeric (Just enhances the color)
- Hard-boiled eggs (how ever many you can fit in a large canning jar)
1) Start at the first ingredient and add everything (minus the eggs) to a pot on the stove and get it all boiling.
2) Once it’s boiling lower the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
3) Then remove it from the heat and let it cool.
4) Pour over the eggs in a jar and put it in the refrigerator. Allow at least 24 hours to marinate. I think they are best after a couple days.Let me know what you think and if you have any other neat egg recipes please share them with me. We have our own hens so we have plenty to experiment with. My husband also enjoys the pickled beets pickled eggs as well but I’m not a fan. They do look pretty neat being purple though. 🙂