LOWER YOUR ALEXA RATING over at A Helicopter Mom
Alexa is a listing of all sites on the Web, sorted by traffic… The closer to #1 you are, the better. For instance, Google is #1, Facebook is #2, YouTube is #3, etc. The traffic rank is based on traffic data from millions of Alexa Toolbar users and other, diverse traffic data sources.
This means that the more visitors and comments you get from Alexa Toolbar users, the lower your score!
Here’s how it works:
1. In order to participate, you MUST have the Alexa Toolbar (having one also greatly helps lower your score.) You can download it in just seconds HERE.
2. Please follow each of the hosts in the #1 and #2 spots on Google Friend Connect. Make sure to leave a comment letting each host know that you are following her. If you’re already following us on GFC, please follow us on another social media linked from our homepage (twitter, facebook, etc.) and leave a comment to let us know you did.
3. When you visit a blog, in order for the Alexa and bounce rate to drop you MUST allow the page to fully load then click a second page. Following and commenting are not required but is a nice gesture!
4. Follow any other blog on the list that you’d like. If someone else visits and comments on your blog, please consider doing the same for them. It’s the nice thing to do. =)
5. Add the Hop Button to your blog if you’d like (it’s appreciated but not mandatory.)
6. Feel free to tweet or share this however you’d like. The more people that know about the hop means more potential followers and a LOWER ALEXA SCORE for you!
Every Monday a new linky will be posted and will stay open all week long so you have time to hop around and visit the other blogs. Join in on the fun and watch your Alexa Ranking improve!