This is a southern favorite that is so fast and easy to make and can be created and altered so easily. With only a few basic ingredients, and so many topping and dipping options this can be easily adapted to anyone’s fancy.
Another one of my go-to appetizers are these: ham, cream cheese, and pickle roll-ups. My husband loves the version with green peppers instead of pickles. Either way I never have left overs to take back home.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commissio if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- Cream cheese
- Pimento Cheese spread
- Shredded cheddar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Onion salt
- Garlic Salt
- Ground pepper
- Crumbled crackers
- Crumbled pecans or walnuts
- Parmesan cheese
- bacon bits
How to Make Pimento Cheese Ball
- Start off by placing the softened cream cheese in the mixer and mixing until smooth.
- Next add in the Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, onion salt, and pepper. Continuing to mix.
- Now completely blend in the Pimento cheese spread.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and gently fold in the shredded cheese.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and chill for 30 minutes or so to make forming into balls of logs is easier.
- Remove from the fridge and form into a log or ball. This is also the time to separate it if desired to add different toppings to each, like a with nut and without nut option.
- wrap in cling wrap and store in the refrigerator until it’s party time. Can be prepared and kept for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
Pimento Cheese Ball
- 1 Stand mixer or a bowl and hand mixer
- 1 cup crumbled crackers
- 1 cup crumbled pecans, walnuts (your choice)
- ⅓ c parmesan cheese
- 3 oz Bacon bits
- 2 Tbsp Chives
- 1 tsp parsley
- In your stand mixer mix the softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Next mix in the Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, onion salt and ground pepper.
- Now mix in the pimento cheese spread and mix until completely combined.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and fold in the shredded cheese.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and chill for 30 minutes. This makes it easier to form into either a cheese ball or cheese log.
- Roll in your favorite combination of toppings and wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate until party time.
- If making for a large crowd you can divide in two and create one with and one without nuts.
- pretzels, assorted crackers, veggies, toasted bread, toasted pitas, etc.
- Great for parties
- Quick and easy to make
- Can make and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks
- Can use low-fat or fat-free cream cheese
- Low-carb, Gluten-free, Keto-friendly