This is a southern favorite that is so fast and easy to make and can be created and altered so easily. With only a few basic ingredients, and so many topping and dipping options this can be easily adapted to anyone’s fancy.
Another one of my go-to appetizers are these: ham, cream cheese, and pickle roll-ups. My husband loves the version with green peppers instead of pickles. Either way I never have left overs to take back home.
- Cream cheese
- Pimento Cheese spread
- Shredded cheddar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Onion salt
- Garlic Salt
- Ground pepper
- Crumbled crackers
- Crumbled pecans or walnuts
- Parmesan cheese
- bacon bits
How to Make Pimento Cheese Ball
- Start off by placing the softened cream cheese in the mixer and mixing until smooth.
- Next add in the Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, onion salt, and pepper. Continuing to mix.
- Now completely blend in the Pimento cheese spread.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and gently fold in the shredded cheese.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and chill for 30 minutes or so to make forming into balls of logs is easier.
- Remove from the fridge and form into a log or ball. This is also the time to separate it if desired to add different toppings to each, like a with nut and without nut option.
- wrap in cling wrap and store in the refrigerator until it’s party time. Can be prepared and kept for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
VIDEO OF THE PROCESS
LIKE VIDEO’S? FOLLOW ME ON –> YOUTUBE
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
SIGN UP FOR NOTIFICATIONS SO YOU NEVERMISS AN UPDATE
Please share your creations with me if you try this recipe on Facebook and Instagram.
Pimento Cheese Ball
Delicious southern appetizer that is quick and easy and can be prepared & stored up to 2 weeks ahead of time.
- 1 Stand mixer or a bowl and hand mixer
- 1 cup crumbled crackers
- 1 cup crumbled pecans, walnuts (your choice)
- ⅓ c parmesan cheese
- 3 oz Bacon bits
- 2 Tbsp Chives
- 1 tsp parsley
- In your stand mixer mix the softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Next mix in the Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, onion salt and ground pepper.
- Now mix in the pimento cheese spread and mix until completely combined.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and fold in the shredded cheese.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and chill for 30 minutes. This makes it easier to form into either a cheese ball or cheese log.
- Roll in your favorite combination of toppings and wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate until party time.
- If making for a large crowd you can divide in two and create one with and one without nuts.
- pretzels, assorted crackers, veggies, toasted bread, toasted pitas, etc.
- Great for parties
- Quick and easy to make
- Can make and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks
- Can use low-fat or fat-free cream cheese
- Low-carb, Gluten-free, Keto-friendly
- **NUTRITIONAL DISCLAIMER The nutritional information shown is an estimate, and is determined from online calculators.
Calories: 441kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 12gFat: 36gSaturated Fat: 14gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 975mgPotassium: 171mgFiber: 2gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 905IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 379mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!