Blueberry Cheese Tart starts off with a buttery, flaky crust that is stuffed with a savory cheese cake filling and topped off with delicious blueberries. Enjoying this classic straight from the fridge on a hot summer day makes this dessert a perfect idea. This is a real show stopper with the eye catching scalloped-edged crust created from using the tart pan. Blueberry Cheese Tart is a gorgeous dish that is equally satisfying to consume.
Create this no bake cream cheese filling for a quick dessert option. This recipe can also be used to create the alternative tartlet, which are like individual servings of blueberry cheese tarts. I had just enough dough left that I created one of each. This is one of my favorite Philadelphia cream cheese tart recipes. Using a good quality cream cheese is really important in recipes that are cream cheese based like this one. Blueberry cheesecake mini tarts are great for parties and celebrations. They are ready to go without the hassle of needing a knife or serving utensil.
CAN I USE A PREMADE OR BOX CHEESECAKE MIX IN THIS BLUEBERRY CHEESE TART RECIPE? Yes, you can use a premade cheese cake filling or box cheesecake filling mix just follow the instructions on the box after preparing the crust.
FILLING INGREDIENTS & TOPPING
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE BLUEBERRY CHEESE TART
The ingredients called for in this recipe are basic pantry staples. There aren’t any special ingredients you need to create this lovely dish.
PASTRY INGREDIENTS FOR BLUEBERRY CHEESE TART
UNSALTED BUTTER Using unsalted butter lets me control how much sodium is in my recipes. This butter needs to be at room temperature before starting the recipe and it gives our crust it’s buttery taste..
POWDERED SUGAR The powdered sugar helps to create this sweet crust for our party.
EGG Egg is needed to bind everything together and create the stiff, buttery, yet flaky base for the amazing tart recipe. Remove the egg from the refrigerator and get it to room temperature like the cream cheese and butter.
ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR All-purpose flour is what we need to create the firm crust needed to create tarts. It holds its shape well and really shows off the scalloped edges created by the pan.
FILLING INGREDIENTS AND TOPPING FOR BLUEBERRY CHEESE TART
CREAM CHEESE I always try to use a good quality cream cheese especially when making a recipe that is cream cheese based as this one is. When I need a good quality cream cheese I always grab the Philadelphia cream cheese.
POWDERED SUGAR Powdered sugar gives the cream cheese base a sweet flavor instead of cheesy with the help of the lemon juice.
LEMON JUICE Lemon juice helps to cut through that sharp cheese taste from the cream cheese allowing the powdered sugar flavor to lead the way.
HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM Heavy whipping cream is used to create the whip layer that will be combined with the cream cheese to create that light and fluffy cheesecake filling.
SUGAR This granulated sugar is whipped in with the heavy whipping cream to create the soft peaks we need.
VANILLA EXTRACT Vanilla is all about the flavor. This just adds that little touch of vanilla sweetness to our whipped cheesecake filling.
BLUEBERRY PIE FLLING Today we are using blueberry pie filling to top this tart creating “Blueberry Cheese Tart” this could easily be changed out with Cherry pie filling or even freshly sliced strawberries to create new and exciting tart ideas.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO MAKE BLUEBERRY CHEESE TARTS
9″ TART PAN WITH A REMOVEABLE BASE <–This is the one I used. Having a removeable base is really a necessity. It makes removing the tart from the pan and highlighting it’s beautiful crust a breeze and at this price they are not expensive. Alternatively you could create tartlets using tartlet pans with removeable bases.
PIE WEIGHTS or dried beans that you ONLY use as pie weights (Make sure you label them)
PARCHMENT PAPER I don’t know about you all but parchment paper is a need to have in my home. It saves my baking sheets every day and hours of scouring. I mostly have the kids trained now to always line the baking sheets they use with either parchment paper or silicon mats.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
SIGN UP FOR NOTIFICATIONS SO YOU NEVERMISS AN UPDATE
**INGREDIENT NOTES AND ALTERNATIVES** *The cream cheese, butter need to be at room temperature before starting *The heavy whipping cream needs to be kept refrigerated until needed. *You do need either a stand mixer or hand held mixer to create the whipped topping and cream the cream cheese to make the smooth and light filling for this recipe. *Alternatively you could use a premade cheesecake filling or cheese cake box filling mix instead of making it from scratch like in this recipe. (Follow the box instructions)
LIKE VIDEO’S? FOLLOW ME ON –> YOUTUBE
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY CHEESE TARTS
Needing an eye-catching sweet dish for a gathering or celebration? Something special for a holiday gathering or get-together? This dessert is both beautiful and delicious and sure to be a crowd pleaser.
STEPS FOR MAKING THE PASTRY CRUST FOR BLUEBERRY CHEESE TART
(Preheat the oven to 350 F.)
1. If you are using a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment to beat the butter and powdered sugar until smooth. (approx. 1-2 minutes)
2. Add in the egg and continue mixing until smooth. Next dump in the flour and mix only until it starts to clump together in large clumps.
3. Press the dough together into a round flat shape ready to roll out and place on a lightly floured surface.
4. Flip half of the dough over the rolling pin and lay into the tart pan.
5. Press the dough down into the pan and the scalloped edges. Leave the excess up over the edge to be cut off.
6. Use a sharp knife to trim off the excess. Use a fork to prick holes all over the bottom of the crust.
7. Line with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or dry beans making sure to fill all the way into the bottom of the pie crust to keep it from puffing up in the oven.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 350 F for 15 minutes. Then remove the parchment paper and pie weights and bake another 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
STEPS TO MAKE THE FILLING FOR BLUEBERRY CHEESE TART
1. In one bowl you will beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon juice. Beat until it is all combined and smooth. (No clumps) Making sure the cream cheese is at room temperature is key to a smooth, lump-free mix.
2. Get a second bowl and whip the heavy whipping cream and granulated sugar. Start on low and advance up to high and whip it until it forms soft peaks. This will take a few minutes to reach the right consistency.
3. Now, fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture and then add and fold in the vanilla. Place this in the refrigerator until the tart crusts have completely cooled.
4. Once cooled the tart crusts can be loaded up with the cheese cake filling and then topped off with the blueberry pie filling.
5. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, serve, and enjoy!!
**Here are some other fruity dessert ideas** Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake Cones Cherry Fluff Strawberry Spoon Cake Strawberry Vanilla Cake No bake Blueberry Cream Cheese Dessert Cups
HOW DO YOU STORE BLUEBERRY CHEESE TART? This dessert needs to be kept stored in the refrigerator. It is best consumed within 3 days.
CAN YOU USE OTHER FRUITS? Sure you can. Follow the recipe and simply change out the topping of choice. You could use cherry pie filling or even top with fresh sliced strawberries. Try it out with your favorite fruits.
Blueberry Cheese Tart
- 1 Stand mixer or hand mixer
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 Rolling Pin
- 1 9" tart pan with removable bottom
- pie weights or dry beans
- 7 Tbsp Unsalted butter room temperature
- ⅓ Cup Powdered sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup All-purpose flour
FILLING INGREDIENTS & TOPPING
- 6 Oz Cream cheese room temperature
- 1 Cup Powdered sugar
- 1½ tsp Lemon juice
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- ¼ Cup Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Can Blueberry pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉
- In your stand mixer beat the butter and powdered sugar until smooth.⅓ Cup Powdered sugar, 7 Tbsp Unsalted butter
- Add in the egg and beat on low until smooth and then add the flour and mix just until it starts to clump togehter.1 Egg, 1 Cup All-purpose flour
- Lightly flour a work surface. Roll the dough up and press it into a 1 inch thick round shape.
- Lightly flour the top of the dough and the rolling pin and roll it out into a 11" circle.
- Flip half of the dough over the pin and move it into the 9" tart pan.
- Press it into the pan and into the scalloped sides. Leave the extra up over the edge.
- Use a sharp knife to cut off the extra dough over the top of the tart pan. Use a fork and prick holes all over the dough on the bottom of the pan.
- Cover the tart with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or dried beans and bake at 350 ℉ for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes remove the pie weights and bake for an extra 5 minutes. Set it aside to cool completely before filling them.
CHEESE CAKE FILLING INSTRUCTIONS
- Use a mixer to beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar, and lemon juice together until smooth.6 Oz Cream cheese, 1 Cup Powdered sugar, 1½ tsp Lemon juice
- In another bowl beat the heavy cream, granulated sugar, until if forms soft peaks.1 Cup Heavy cream, ¼ Cup Granulated sugar
- Fold both of these bowls together, add in the vanilla, and mix until well combined and chill until the tart crust is completely cooled.1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Once the tart crust is cooled spread the cheese cake filling in the crust and then top with the blueberry pie filling.1 Can Blueberry pie filling
- Chill for at least 2 hours and enjoy.