Strawberry crunch cheesecake cones have summer time written all over them! I couldn’t wait to taste the smooth, no-bake cheesecake filling and strawberries that fill these waffle cones! The fresh diced strawberries and the strawberry crunch around the top please every taste bud. They are the perfect no-bake summer treat. Chilled in the freezer, they are a cool and refreshing way to indulge yourself on a hot day. Your friends and family will all enjoy it and will ask you for the recipe.
The strawberry crunch topping is a crunchy and nostalgic add-on that may take you back. It reminds me of the Strawberry Shortcake Good Humor bars I had as a child. There are just some things that can take you down memory lane. I remember summer at my grandma’s house on the farm with cousins getting cold treats from the freezer on warm summer days.
HOW DO I SERVE STRAWBERRY CRUNCH CHEESECAKE CONES? These delicious desserts are best served chilled or out of the freezer. We prefer them frozen on a hot summer day. You can simply hand them out just like an ice cream cone.
(NOT PICTURES ABOVE ARE THE WAFFLE CONES AND FRESH STRAWBERRIES)
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR STRAWBERY CRUNCH CHEESECAKE CONES
No baking required for this recipe and it takes less than 30 minutes to make.
12 WAFFLE CONES
FILLING: (create below or use premade No-bake cheesecake filling.)
CREAM CHEESE Softened cream cheese is used to create the cheesecake filling that make these cones so mouthwatering!
COOL WHIP The whipped topping give this filling a light and airy texture.
GRANULATED SUGAR Granulated sugar sweetens the cream cheese to create the cheesecake filling.
VANILLA EXTRACT Always for the win, vanilla extract adds that punch of vanilla flavor. In addition to adding flavor vanilla is a flavor enhancer increasing the flavor of other ingredients.
DRIZZLE: (optionally you could use melted white chocolate)
POWDERED SUGAR Powdered sugar is used to create a basic glaze/drizzle.
HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM This gives it more sweetness, texture, and is the liquid needed to help turn the powdered sugar in to the drizzle we need.
VANILLA EXTRACT Once again for the win is vanilla extract for some added vanilla flavor and to give this recipe some depth.
EQUPMENT NEEDED FOR STRAWBERRY CRUNCH CHEESECAKE CONES
No special equipment needed for this recipe.
The only things you need for this recipe are:
I find it easier to fill the cones with cheesecake filling using a pastry/icing bag but it’s not necessary.
VIDEO OF THE PROCESS TITLE
LIKE VIDEO’S? FOLLOW ME ON –> YOUTUBE
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
SIGN UP FOR NOTIFICATIONS SO YOU NEVERMISS AN UPDATE
**KITCHEN TIPS/ALTERATIONS** -Instead of creating the drizzle you could alternatively use melted white chocolate for the same affect. I enjoy them both ways. -You can use the link to create your own strawberry crunch topping that can be sprinkled on oatmeal, pancakes, donuts, cakes, muffins, ice cream, yogurt, and so much more!
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY CRUNCH CHEESECAKE CONE
These dessert cones are ready in less than 30 minutes, but if you want to add Strawberry Crumble to them like we did here is the link. You should make this first so it’s ready when you are. Strawberry Crunch topping only takes 5 -10 minutes as well so you can still have these completely made in 30 minutes or less.
- First step in the preparation is to chop up our strawberries so they are ready to go. Chop them and set them aside or in the refrigerator.
- Next you need to create the drizzle. In a bowl whisk together the powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla until it is smooth.
- Dip the open end of each waffle cone into the drizzle and roll in the crumble topping. I set these on a baking sheet and place them all in the freezer while I continue.
- With your stand mixer or hand held mixer, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the granulated sugar, flour, and vanilla extract to the cream cheese and continue to mix until its all combined and smooth.
- At this point, grab your spatula and gently fold in the Cool Whip topping.
- Get your cones and chopped strawberries back out because it is time to fill them.
- I prefer to use a pastry bag for this process because I feel it is much easier. Add some cheesecake filling, a few chopped strawberries, more filling, and top with chopped strawberries and strawberry crunch topping.
Enjoy now or even better chill them first. These are such a refreshing cool treat on a hot summer day. I like to keep them in the freezer.
HOW DO I STORE THESE? They need to be stored in the refrigerator or, my preference, the freezer. If you have any leftovers simple put them in the freezer in a freezer bag or airtight container.
CAN I USE PREMADE NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE FILLING? Absolutely you can. Whether you chose to make homemade like in this recipe or buy the premade or box mix they will all work fine.
**SOME MORE AMAZING DESSERT IDEAS** Graham Cracker Cookies Strawberry Vanilla Cake Heart Cookies with Jam White Chocolate Raspberry Blondies No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Dessert Cups
Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake Cones
- 1 pastry or icing bag (Not required just makes it easier)
- 1 hand mixer & bowl or stand mixer
- 12 Waffle Cones
- 12-14 Medium Strawberries fresh and chopped
- 16 oz Cream cheese softened 2 block
- 8 oz Cool Whip 1 tub
- ½ c Granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 c Powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
- Strawberry Crunch Topping (optional)
- **If you are going to add the Strawberry Crunch Topping I would make that before starting the cones. It only takes 5 minutes with the no bake method or around 8-10 minutes with the baked method. Link listed below in Recipe Notes**
- Start by chopping up your fresh strawberries and chilling them while we continue.
- Next make your drizzle. Combine the powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
- Next dunk and swirl each of the waffle cones in the drizzle on their open ends and then roll in the Strawberry crunch topping if you like. Place them on a baking sheet or similar and place in the freezer to chill while we prepare the filling.
- With your stand mixer or hand held mixer beat the softened cream cheese until it's smooth.
- Now pour in the granulated sugar, followed by the flour, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Using a spatula gently fold in your Cool Whip topping.
- Grab the cones back out of the freezer and fill them with the cheesecake mixture. I find it is easier to do this with a pastry bag.
- Add some filling and then a few chopped strawberries, more cheesecake, and top with chopped strawberries and strawberry crunch.