Peanut butter balls with Rice Krispies are the deliciously sweet no bake dessert that taste like a Reese Peanut butter cup. This quick and easy treat can be made without heating the house and packs a crunch. The Rice Krispies give these an amazing crunchy texture you and yours are sure to love.
These chocolate covered peanut butter balls with Rice Krispies are the perfect idea for snacks, get togethers, holidays, and more. Everyone loves buckeyes for the holiday and this just takes it to a new level with the crunchy Rice Krispies. Only requiring 5 simple ingredients also makes this a no-brainer. They are bite-sized peanut butter Rice Krispie treats?
DO THESE PEANUT BUTTER BALLS WITH RICE KRISPIES NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED? Yes, they should be kept stored in a zip lock bag or air tight container in the refrigerator.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR PEANUT BUTTER BALLS WITH RICE KRISPIES
There are only 5 simple ingredients needed to make this quick and easy, no bake candy!!
PEANUT BUTTER You can’t have have peanut butter balls without peanut butter. I urge you to try using the Peter Pan creamy Honey Peanut butter. We don’t eat anything else since we’ve tried it and they make this even more delicious.
BUTTER The melted butter is mixed with the peanut butter creating an amazing flavor and also helping it all bind together.
POWDERED SUGAR Besides being sweet this powdered sugar adds structure and helps give them the firm base needed to roll them into balls.
RICE KRISPIES Rice Krispies are the cereal of choice to add that extra crunch to this texture taking these from regular buckeyes to something even better.
CHOCOLATE I used semi-sweet chocolate chips to melt and coat the peanut butter balls but you can use a melting chocolate of your choice from white chocolate, to dark chocolate, to specialty melting chocolates.
*INGREDIENT NOTES AND ALTERNATIVES* -You can use your favorite creamy peanut butter of your choice as long as it is a "no-stir" peanut butter. -You can use your favorite melting chocolate to cover them as well from white chocolate to dark chocolate and more as long as it is a melting chocolate. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips. -Rice Krispies give these the crunch but you can use the store brand version as well.
EQUIPMENT FOR PEANUT BUTTER BALLS WITH RICE KRISPIES
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
SIGN UP FOR NOTIFICATIONS SO YOU NEVERMISS AN UPDATE
VIDEO MAKING PEANUT BUTTER BALLS WITH RICE KRISPIES
LIKE VIDEO’S? FOLLOW ME ON –> YOUTUBE
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER BALLS WITH RICE KRISPIES
Ready for a quick and delicious no bake dessert option? Let me know what you think. They never last more than a day in my house.
1. Start off by melting the butter and mixing it with the peanut butter.
2. Once they are completely mixed and smooth add in the Rice Krispies and mix until they are completely coated.
3. Now add in the powdered sugar and again mix it in completely.
4. Grab your baking sheet that is lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper and set it beside the mixing bowl. Use a scoop or spoon to gather up the mix and roll it in between your hands into ball. Place these on the baking sheet.
5. Put them in the refrigerator or freezer for at least 30 minutes to set up to make coating them in melted chocolate easier.
6. After chilling for at least 30 minutes dunk them in chocolate and completely cover them and rechill them until they are set.
7. Keep them stored in an air tight container or zip lock in the refrigerator if you don’t enjoy them all at one time.
WHY WON’T MY MIX STICK TOGETHER TO ROLL INTO BALLS? They may just have too much moisture. Try adding a little more powdered sugar to the mix until they are moldable. Also you could chill them in the refrigerator or freezer for 30 minutes.
CAN PEANUT BUTTER BALLS WITH RICE KRISPIES BE FROZEN? Absolutely! This makes them another great make ahead idea. I know for the holidays I try to make as much ahead of time as I can to save time for holidays, and other get togethers.
Here are some more no-bake, sweet treats Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake Cones Cherry Fluff No-Bake Blueberry Cream Cheese Dessert Cups
Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies
- 1 stand mixer, hand held mixer, or just by hand
- 1 large mixing bowl if not using a stand mixer
- 1 small to medium microwave safe bowl
- 1 baking sheet
- either parchment paper or a silicone mat
- 1 C Smooth Peter Pan Honey Peanut Butter or smooth, no stir peanut butter of your choice
- 3 Tbsp Butter melted
- 1 C Powdered sugar
- 2½ C Rice Krispies or similar krisp rice cereal-generic or store brand works as well.
- 12 oz bag of Semi Sweet Chocolate chips or melting chocolate of your choice
- Prepare your baking sheet by either lining it with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Mix together the peanut butter and melted butter by hand, hand held mixer, or stand mixer until completed combined.1 C Smooth Peter Pan Honey Peanut Butter, 3 Tbsp Butter
- Then add in the Rice Krispies and stir until combined.2½ C Rice Krispies
- Now add in the powdered sugar and mix by hand with a spatula until completely conbined.1 C Powdered sugar
- Grab the prepared baking sheet and use either a cookie scoop or a spoon to to drop the peanut butter balls onto the baking sheet.
- Roll each scoop into a ball with your hands and chill for at least 30 minutes or place in the freezer. The more chilled they are the easier they will be to dip in the melted chocolate.12 oz bag of Semi Sweet Chocolate chips
- Place your chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave by heating for 30 second increments and stirring after each time. It only took me 3 times at 30 seconds to completely melt the chocolate but it depends on your microwave.
- Dip your chilled rolls into the chocolate and place them back on the baking sheet and chill until they are firm.
- **Store them in an airtight container or Ziplock bag for up to 5 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to two months.