This is a recipe from my mother and it makes the best sweet pickles and I am pretty particular. This easy-to-make recipe takes only a few ingredients and 30 minutes to make. They are the perfect combination of sweet and tart with a satisfying crunch.
All you need for this recipe is the 80oz jar of whole dill pickles, I prefer Vlassic, apple cider vinegar, white sugar, and celery seed. Drain the pickles, rinse, and cut into 1 1/2 inch slices and place them back in the jar. Then add the white sugar and vinegar together in a small pot and bring to a boil stirring until all the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is translucent. Let this cool and then pour over the pickles in the jar and place in the fridge. Then let them sit in the fridge for a week to really season the pickle slices. I put a date on the jar so we remember when they are ready to enjoy.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
Candied Dill Pickles
- 1 small pot
- 80 oz Dill pickles
- 2 c white granulated sugar
- 1 c apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp celery seed
- Drain and rinse the whole dill pickles
- Chop pickles into 1½ inch chunks
- Mix sugar, apple cider vinegar, and celery seed in a pot and bring to a boil and stir until completely dissolved and the mixture is translucent. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Poor mixture over the chopped pickles and put them in the fridge for a week to season thoroughly.
- I put the date on the jar so I know when it’s been a week and the pickles are prime for eating.