This delicious Cherry Fluff recipe is a fast dessert recipes you can throw together and know everyone will enjoy! This old-fashioned, no-bake dessert is called many things: Cherry Fluff Salad, Cherry Salad, Pink Salad, Heavenly Pink Salad, Pink Fluff, and more. It is a “dump” recipe that only uses one bowl. As a result, no fuss and no hassle involved with this simple recipe. There are also a number of variations you can try. Let me know how you enjoy yours.
Cherry Fluff is a great idea for a side dish or a dessert after a meal. It’s also a great snack or dip for other fruits, vanilla wafers, or cookies. You can even use this as a topping for a cake, just keep it stored in the refrigerator. This is a cool treat for those warm summer days. Its also a sweet treat after an intense work out or sporting event. With this recipe it is easy to feed a crowd.
"When you only have a few minutes to spare, and need something in which to share. It doesn't need to be tough. Just make Cherry Fluff!!" - Valerie Stayton
WHAT IS CHERRY FLUFF? Cherry Fluff is a common side dish or dessert. It is served at gathering from potlucks to picnics and really shines at holiday get-togethers. Being pink and pretty it would be a great idea for Valentines day, Easter, and even Christmas for instance. It’s sweet and fluffy and full of great textures and flavors. It is just melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
CAN CHERRY FLUFF BE PREPARED AHEAD OF TIME? Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and store it covered in the refrigerator. I really wouldn’t make this more than a couple days ahead of time or it starts to break down.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE CHERRY FLUFF
Quick and easy this is an easy to make “dump” recipe. All that means is that you only need to dump everything in a bowl and mix it to combine and you are done.
CRUSHED PINEAPPLE Quick and easy, all you need to do is drain this canned crushed pineapple and toss it in to the mixture. There are so many great textures in Cherry Fluff.
CHERRY PIE FILLING Canned cherry pie filling is perfect in this recipe because it has a thicker syrup like texture compared to the watery texture from using fresh diced cherries. If you do want to use fresh cherries you will need to add approximately 1/4 cup of sugar to it to thicken the juices that will form.
SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK Sweetened condensed milk, of course, gives this dessert a rich sweet taste. In combination with cream cheese it gives this dish an almost cream cheese frosting taste.
CREAM CHEESE The softened cream cheese creates an amazing smooth consistency and helps give this dessert its structure.
WHIPPED TOPPING Whipped topping contributes to this recipe by creating the light and airy fluffiness. In turn creating the cherry “fluff”.
MINIATURE MARSHMALLOWS Are the buried treasure. Instead of the traditional white marshmallows, try multicolored marshmallows if you’d like. They just add another degree of interest and texture to Cherry Fluff.
TOPPING IDEAS Toasted coconut, chopped nuts, slivered almonds, and Mandarin oranges are just a few ideas.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
SIGN UP FOR NOTIFICATIONS SO YOU NEVERMISS AN UPDATE
HOW TO MAKE CHERRY FLUFF
Yes, this is basically a “dump” recipe, but it really should be combined in a certain order to create a smoother and lighter “fluff”. Preparations include: softening the cream cheese, removing the whip from the freezer, and drain the crushed pineapple.
In your large mixing bowl mix the softened cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk together. Mix until it is smooth and free of lumps.
Now you can mix in the drained, crushed pineapple. Next, gently fold in the whip topping, cherry pie filling, and miniature marshmallows.
That is basically it. You can eat it now, but It is even better after it has set from chilling in the refrigerator for 2 hours or more.
VARIATIONS *Some people omit the cream cheese and add an instant pudding mix. You can use vanilla, cherry, or even cheese cake instant pudding. *Add shredded coconut into the mix. *Add in Mandarin oranges * Leave out the marshmallows or swap out plain white marshmallows for the colorful ones. *Trade out the cherry pie filling for another fruit option like Blueberry pie filling, or strawberry.
HOW DO YOU STORE LEFTOVERS? Leftovers are stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Do not leave this out of the refrigerator as it will start to melt and lose it’s “fluffiness”.
CAN YOU FREEZE CHERRY FLUFF? No, the process of it thawing would create a soupy mess. You really never need to freeze it because it can be whipped together in literally 5 minutes and throw in the fridge.
MORE DROOL-WORTHY RECIPES *Strawberry Spoon Cake *Blueberry Cream Cheese Dessert Cups *Oreo Mousse Cake *Golden Oreo Cheesecake *Oreo Cheesecake Brownies
- 20 oz crushed pineapple, drained
- 21 oz cherry pie filling
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 ½ cups miniature marshmallows
ADD IN IDEAS
- Toasted coconut
- Mandarin Oranges
- Chopped nuts
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk and softened cream cheese into a large mixing bowl and mix it until it's smooth and free of lumps.
- Drain the crushed pineapple and pour it into the bowl as well.
- Mix in the thawed whipped topping
- Next add in the cherry pie filling
- Finally mix fold in the miniature marshmallows.
- Place this bowl in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving to chill.
- This recipe is basically a “dump” recipe. Dump everything in and mix.
- You can use fresh cherries but be sure to remove the pits and chop them up. Also know that it tends to have more liquid and can break down the cool whip and you will not be able to keep it as long in the refrigerator. You will need to add about 1/4 cup of sugar to the juice and fruit mix and allow the fruit juice to melt the sugar completely before adding it to the rest of the mixture.
- I would also not recommend using homemade whip cream because it just won’t set up like the cool whip does.
- You can eat this now but it is even better after it has chilled and set up for a couple hours.