What could be better than pumpkin spice and chocolate all in one bite? These chocolate dipped pumpkin cake balls are a great treat. I do not like the cold, but I do enjoy the fall treats. I also enjoy family time in the kitchen, so my daughter and I made these together last weekend.
This is an easy recipe that is also a great way to spend time together in the kitchen with your kids. You only need a few ingredients so let’s get started.
- yellow cake mix
- pumpkin puree
- chocolate melts
VIDEO PROCESS OF MAKING PUMPKIN CAKE BALLS
LIKE VIDEO’S? FOLLOW ME ON –> YOUTUBE
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN CAKE BALLS
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees before getting started so it will be ready when you are.
This easy recipe calls for combining the cake mix, pumpkin puree, nutmeg, and clove with a mixer until well combined.
Pour and spread the mixture into a lightly sprayed 9 x 13 cake pan. Then gently pour the milk over the top of the cake which made for a moist and delicious cake.
Place the cake in the 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean. Then let the cake cook.
While it’s cooling put the frosting in the mixing bowl and whip if for a couple minutes to make it light and airy and then crumble the cake in the bowl and mix until combined. Chill for 30 minutes.
After chilling the mix for 30 minutes form them into approx. 2″ cake balls and insert the sticks.
Put the cake balls back in the freezer while you melt your chocolate then dunk and place on wax paper to cool and harden.
Store in the refrigerator until they are gone.
If you like pumpkin spice, check out this pumpkin spice fluff!
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
SIGN UP FOR NOTIFICATIONS SO YOU NEVERMISS AN UPDATE
Pumpkin cake balls
- 1 Mixer (hand held or stand)
- 1 9 x 13 cake pan
- 1 cookie sheet
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp clove
- ½ c milk
- 1 can whipped vanilla frosting
- 6 squares almond bark
- Combine yellow cake mix, can of pumpkin, nutmeg & cloves with your mixer
- Spread mixture into sprayed 9 x 13 cake pan then pour 1/2 cup milk gently over the top. This creates a very moist cake.
- Place in the oven at 350° for 25-30 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean
- Whip your frosting to make it extra airy and smooth.
- Remove your cake from the oven and let it cool. Then crumble it into the bowl with the frosting and mix until well combined.
- Place the bowl in the freezer to chill for 30 minutes then form into approx. 2 inch balls and insert the cake pop sticks.
- Place back in the freezer while you melt the chocolate
- Remove cake balls from freezer and dip in melted chocolate or use a spoon to drizzle it over them and place them down on parchment paper to cool and harden.
- Store in the refrigerator until you're ready to eat.
- You can also use pumpkin spice cake mix
- You can use cream cheese frosting
- You don’t have to use cake pop sticks you can just make cake balls
- You can used colored chocolate melts or add sprinkles