Using only 5 ingredients and with a prep time of only 10 minutes this is a no-brainer and my kids absolutely loved it! My 22-year-old daughter’s words were, “I want to die with this taste in my mouth”. Ok, she may be a little dramatic but I’ll take it. She came home from work the next day with a smile on her face and said, “Dessert time, I’ve been thinking about this all day”.
I am no fan of winter but when it comes to fall I embrace it because of all the fall foods, and this one is definitely a winner. Grab a mixing bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, pudding dry mix, and 1/4c of milk. When that is all combined well gentle fold in the cool whip until it’s a nice light burnt orange color. Pop it in the refrigerator for an hour or so to chill, and enjoy any way you can imagine.
There are variations you can make with this recipe. Instead of Vanilla pudding you can use pumpkin pudding. You could also easily add this to a graham cracker crust and create a no-bake pumpkin fluff pie. Instead of cool whip you could use heavy whipping cream or dream whip. You could also change up the dippers and use anything else you like, perhaps graham crackers.
- mixing bowl
- 1 can pumpkin puree can
- 5.1 oz instant vanilla pudding
- ¼ c milk
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 8 oz Cool whip ( I used great value brand)
- In the mixing bowl, add pumpkin puree, pudding mix, milk, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix ingredients well.
- Add whipped topping of your choice to the mix and fold together well until it all turns a light pumpkin pie color.
- Put the mixture in the fridge and let it chill for an hour or more so it firms up a little.
- Serve this up with dippers of your choice. We used vanilla wafers. I bet this would be good on top of a hot cup of coffee too
- You can use any whipped topping: cool whip, dream whip, etc.
- This stores well in the fridge for several days.
- You can also change it up and use a sugar-free jello mix and/or whipped topping.
- You could also add a scoop to the top of a cup of hot coffee or to a graham cracker crust and serve as a pumpkin pie variation.