Today we are supposed to see snow for the first time this winter. The perfect day to make chili for this first time this season. My favorite chili is white chicken chili. Another cool weather meal I love is old fashioned goulash.
This is a quick, delicious, and easy meal. Throw it all in the crock pot and dinner will be ready hours later. Another perfect way to end a cold weather day.
- Chicken breast
- chicken broth
- great Northern beans
- whole kernel corn
- diced tomatoes and chilies
- cream cheese
- half and half
- chili powder
- cayenne pepper
**Topping ideas: shredded cheese, jalapenos, avocados, sour cream, cilantro, tortillas, and/or chips.
How to make White Chicken Chili in the slow cooker
Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker first. Top with the herbs and seasonings: salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, oregano, cayenne pepper.
Then add in the great Northern beans, diced tomatoes and chilies, corn, broth, onion, garlic, and cilantro.
Stir and cover then cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
Once completed remove the chicken and shred it before placing it back in the crockpot.
Add the cream cheese, half and half, and stir it. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes. The chili should be thick and creamy.
VIDEO OF THE PROCESS
LIKE VIDEO’S? FOLLOW ME ON –> YOUTUBE
Serve with your favorite toppings.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
SIGN UP FOR NOTIFICATIONS SO YOU NEVERMISS AN UPDATE
White Chicken Chili Slow Cooker
- 1 Crockpot
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 24 oz chicken broth
- 2 cans Great Northern beans (30oz) rinsed and drained
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies drained
- 15 oz whole kernel corn drained
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- ¼ c half and half
- sliced jalapenos
- sliced avocados
- dollop sour cream
- minced cilantro
- shredded cheese of your choice
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker first. Top with the herbs and seasoning: salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, cayenne pepper,
- Then add in the great northern bean, diced tomato and chilies, corn, broth, onion, garlic, and cilantro.
- Stir and cover then cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3.5 hours approximately.
- Once completed remove the chicken and shred it, then return to the slow cooker.
- Add the cream cheese, and half and half then stir. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes, The chili should be thick and creamy.
- Serve with desired toppings.