As the fall chill starts to fill the air what better than a bowl of good old fashioned goulash to warm you from the inside out. I think we all have that special meal/meals you remember from childhood: goulash is one of mine.
The cold weather can be a real struggle for me. I am a Michigander originally, but moved away more than half my life ago to warmer weather.
A nice thing about the cooler weather is being able to enjoy comfort foods like these and snuggles on the couch. This simple recipe can be ready in about 35 minutes.
Here is another great choice Homemade Beef Enchiladas.
- Ground beef
- yellow onion
- Italian seasoning
- Worcestershire sauce
- beef broth
- tomato paste
- tomato sauce
- diced tomatoes
- bell pepper
- elbow macaroni
- shredded cheddar cheese
- (garnish-parsley, sour cream, cheese, etc.)
First I throw my ground beef, onions, peppers, and garlic into a frying pan over medium heat and sauté the veggies while browning my ground beef. In the meantime, I start boiling the water in a pot and add the elbow macaroni and cook until tender.
Once the noodles are tender drain and rinse with cool water to stop the cooking process and place back into the pot. Drain the fat off the beef and veggies and toss in the pot with the noodles.
Now add the beef broth, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Turn the heat on low, mix well and add in the seasonings salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, Italian seasoning and Worcestershire sauce.
Simmer for a few minutes while you grab out some bowls and sit aside your garnishment options: sour cream, shredded cheddar, or shredded cheese of your preference, parsley, Frito scoops, etc.
VIDEO OF THE PROCESS
LIKE VIDEO’S? FOLLOW ME ON –> YOUTUBE
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
SIGN UP FOR NOTIFICATIONS SO YOU NEVERMISS AN UPDATE
- 1 large frying pan
- 1 Large pot
- 1 ladle
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1¼ c low-sodium beef broth
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 15 oz diced tomatos
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ c bell pepper diced
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 c elbow macaroni, uncooked
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheddar to garnish and/or sour cream
- In a skillet heat oil, onions, peppers, garlic, and ground beef until no longer pink and onions are soft.
- Add macaroni noodles to the boiling water and cook until tender, approx. 7 minutes
- Drain noodles and rinse and return to the pot.
- Drain off fat from ground beef and season with salt and pepper and add to the pot.
- Now add the beef broth, tomato paste, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, seasonings, and Worcestershire.
- Mix and serve up. Top with shredded cheddar, sour cream, parley as you wish.
- Sprinkle the top of each bowl with shredded cheese of your choice
- Dollop of sour cream
- Frito scoops