When you are in a pinch and need a dessert quick cake box cookies are always a go-to for me. These strawberry chocolate chip cake box cookies are a step above the typical cake box cookie. They are so soft and have an amazing strawberry taste and then you add in the white chips and drizzle!!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commissio if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
INGREDIENTS FOR STAWBERRY CAKE BOX COOKIES
YELLOW CAKE MIX The cake box will create the cookie dough in this recipe.
STRAWBERRY JELLO This little packet added to the cake box mix helps to create a strong strawberry flavor.
CREAM CHEESE Used with the butter and egg to bind ingredients and help to create a melt in your mouth, soft, buttery, delicious cookie.
BUTTER Combined with cream cheese in this recipe to bind ingredients and make this amazingly soft and flavorful cookie.
EGG This egg is used to add structure, while leavening, adding flavor, and color.
WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS These are, of course, added for the yum factor.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY CAKE BOX COOKIES
This is a very easy recipe to make and a great one to make with your children/grandchildren. The ingredients are few and simple for this amazingly mouth watering cookies. These do not need to be expensive ingredients to create the drool worthy cookies. I purchased great value cake mix, Jello, and chocolate chips. I do typically purchase a good cream cheese though.
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F and put parchment paper or silicone mats on your cookie sheets.
2. First thing you do is beat the stick of softened butter, 4 oz. of cream cheese, and one egg.
3. Then add in the cake mix and Jello mix and mix until well combined.
4. Fold in the 1/2 bag of white chocolate chips.
5. Scoop and roll into small approx. 1 – 1 1/2 inch rolls and use your fingers or a glass to flatten and manipulate into a nice round circle.
6. Place in the oven at 325 F for 11-15 minutes.
7. Once you remove them from the oven you can manipulate them a little more if needed into circles. Let them sit for a couple minutes on the sheet before transferring them to the rack to cool completely.
8. If desired you can melt the remaining chocolate chips. Pour in a plastic bag and clip the corner to drizzle on the cookies. If needed you can add an oz of coconut oil to make it a little thinner or smoother.
PRO TIPS There is no reason to spend a lot of money on big name ingredients. I used Walmart Great Value products for all of the ingredients except the cream cheese. When the cookies first come out of the oven they are able to be manipulated to reform them into round circles. As they will be hot don't use your fingers.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
HERE ARE SOME MORE DECADENT DESSERT IDEAS No Bake Blueberry Cream Cheese Dessert Cups Chocolate Chip Shortbread Logs Banana Cream Cheese Muffins Mandarin Roll Cake
Strawberry Cake Box Cookies
- 1 Stand mixer or hand mixer
- 1 bowl
- Cookie sheet or sheets
- Parchment paper or silicone mat
- 1 Box Yellow cake mix
- 1 Box 3oz box Strawberry jello
- 1 Egg
- 1 Stick Butter
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- 1 bag White chocolate chips
- Beat the cream cheese, butter, and egg together.
- Add in the cake mix and Jello mix and beat until well combined.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Roll into small one inch or one and half inch balls.
- Flatten slightly the balls and form into small circular discs.
- Put in the oven on 325°f for 11-15 minutes
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly on the sheets before moving to the rack to cool completely. During this time you can still slightly manipulate and round the cookies when they are fresh from the oven.
- While they cool you can melt the other white chocolate chips and drizzle them over the cookies.