This luscious strawberry vanilla cake is absolutely bursting with flavor! Enjoy a slice of heaven with a bite of vanilla cake with strawberry filling that is loaded with fresh strawberries with a light, fluffy, cream cheese, & whipped cream frosting.
What a beautiful and sweet treat to spoil your families with on holidays, like Valentines day and Mother’s day, or just because on a warm spring day. This is a truly delicious dessert that is also appealing to the eye. This creamy, dreamy dessert always delights.
This little slice of heaven is made from scratch using premium ingredients creating an utterly divine, melt-in-your-mouth experience.
This cake is summer time to me. It makes me think about going to a strawberry patch as a kid in the summer time. They would give us the little baskets to collect the strawberries in and every so often one would miss the basket and end up in my mouth.
WHY USE CAKE FLOUR? Cake flour makes for a lighter, fluffier texture when using it to bake sponge cake, cream cheese pound cake, cupcakes, muffins, and more. This flour is ground extra fine and is lower in gluten content.
- HEAVY CREAM
- POWDERED SUGAR
- VANILLA EXTRACT
VIDEO: THE PROCESS
LIKE VIDEO’S? FOLLOW ME ON –> YOUTUBE
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
SIGN UP FOR NOTIFICATIONS SO YOU NEVERMISS AN UPDATE
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY VANILLA CAKE STEP-BY-STEP
Before you get started with the ingredients go ahead and prepare the three 9 inch round baking pans. Butter the pans and place a parchment paper round in the bottom and dust with flour dumping out any excess flour. Hull the strawberries and cut them into pieces that are 1/2″ in size or smaller. Then preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Whisk the cake flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
2. In the bowl of the electric mixer, use the paddle attachment and beat the butter and sugar together until it’s pale and fluffy (scraping the sides as needed)
3. Mix in eggs, egg yolks and vanilla.
4. While beating add 1/3 of the flour mixture, 1/2 of the milk, alternating until it is all combined scraping the sides as needed.
5. Divide the batter into thirds and pour into your prepared baking pans.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 25 – 30 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Sit the pan down on a wire rack to cool for 5-10 minutes and then run a knife along the edge making sure its loose in the pan. Then invert the pan and finish cooling on the wire rack another 20 minutes.
(At this point I place them in gallon size Ziplock bags unzipped to avoid cracking and cool completely).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE FROSTING
1. In the electric mixer bowl with the whisk attachment this time. whip the heavy cream until it starts to form soft peaks.
2. Add 1/3 cup of powdered sugar now until stiff peaks form and then scrape out into a large bowl. (This is important so the frosting doesn’t end up being too runny.
3. Add the cream cheese into the bowl of the stand mixer and use the paddle attachment once again to beat it until it is smooth.
4. Mix in the remaining 2/3 powdered sugar and vanilla. Once this is smooth again you can add in a few drops of food coloring if you desire. I use the gel or paste so it doesn’t make my frosting runny.
5. Add the strawberries that have been hulled and cut into pieces that are smaller than 1/2″ in size. Fold the strawberries into the cream cheese.
6. Add this to the heavy whip mix in the bowl and fold together until it is all a uniform color.
**Now, if the cakes are completely cooled you can start adding the topping in between the layers and completing your cake.
PRO KITCHEN TIPS *I added a few drops of gel food coloring to give the frosting a pinkish appearance. This is totally optional. It looks lovely white as well. *Keep this cake stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I DON’T HAVE UNSALTED BUTTER, CAN I USE SALTED BUTTER?
You can use salted butter if you don’t have unsalted on hand. If you do just cut back on the additional salt that is added into the recipe. The recipe calls for 1/2 tsp of salt so I would cut that back to 1/4 tsp if I had to use salted butter.
Here are some other recipe ideas you may enjoy. Oreo cheesecake brownie White chocolate raspberry blondies Mandarin orange roll cake
STRAWBERRY VANILLA CAKE
- 1 electric stand mixer
- 2 bowls
- 3 9 inch round pans
- 3 c Cake flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 c Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3 Eggs (large)
- 2 Egg yolks (large)
- 1¼ c Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 c Heavy whipping cream
- 1 c Powdered sugar, divided (1/3 and 2/3)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened (full-fat)
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 1½ lbs strawberries (hulled and cut into 1/2" or smaller pieces)
- Food color gel or paste (Optional)
- Prepare your three 9 inch round pans: butter them, put parchment paper rounds in the bottom and lightly flour them dumping out any loose flour. Hull the strawberries and cut into pieces 1/2" or smaller. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Add your cake mix, baking powder and salt into one bowl and whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Use the paddle attachment with your stand mixer and in the bowl whip together the butter and sugar until its fluffy and a pale yellow color. Scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Mix in the eggs and egg yolks, followed by the vanilla.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture in, then 1/2 of the milk, alternating until its all combined. Once again scrape the sides as needed.
- Divide the better equally between the three 9 inch round pans and bake for 25-30 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans for about 5 minutes. Run a knife gently around the edge of the cakes to make sure they are loose and invert them onto wire racks to continue to cool down.
- **(After about 25 minutes I put my cake layers into unzipped gallon size bags to finish cooling so they are not so susceptible to cracking.)
- In your electric mixer with a whisk attachment now, Beat the heavy cream until it starts to form soft peaks. Scraping the sides as needed.
- Add in 1/3 c of the powdered sugar and whip again until it starts to form "stiff" peaks this time. Scrape the sides as necessary. This is very important so the topping isn't too runny.
- Now in another electric mixer bowl add your cream cheese and with the paddle attachment once again, beat the cream cheese until its' smooth and fluffy. You don't want to have chunks of cream cheese in your topping.
- Now add in the remaining 2/3 c of powdered sugar and vanilla whip it once again scraping the sides to get a thorough topping.
- Once this is combined nicely you can add a few drops of red food color gel or paste if you want to give your topping a pink hue.
- Scrape this mixer bowl into a large mixing bowl then add in the strawberry pieces and fold them in until strawberries are consistently throughout.
- Next fold in your whipping cream until it is all a uniform color.
- When the cake layers are cooled completely you can frost the cake.
- Store the cake in a sealed container in the refrigerator.