This droolworthy, no bake, Golden Oreo Cheesecake can be whipped together in just 15 minutes with only 5 simple ingredients. This is not a new recipe, but it sure is a delicious one. This recipe is one of my husbands absolute favorites. It melts in your mouth and is a great alternative to the typical, chocolate, Oreo’s.
WHAT TYPE OF CREAM CHEESE DO I NEED TO USE FOR THIS GOLDEN OREO CHEESECAKE? The best cream cheese to use for this recipe, really any cheesecake, is the Full Fat cream cheese. Low fat cream cheese has a higher water content. This causes it to liquify faster at room temperature. You need full fat for the cheesecake to set up and stay firm.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR GOLDEN OREO CHEESECAKE
Yes, you really only need 5 ingredients for this amazing dessert that everyone is sure to love.
- Golden Oreo Cookies
- Cream Cheese
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Whipped topping
GOLDEN OREOS: This cake is loaded with Golden Oreos, so purchase a family size package. These cookies are used to make the crust, are chopped into quarters for in the filling, and are used the decorate the top when it is all set up and ready to serve.
BUTTER: The crushed Oreos are mixed with melted butter to create the most amazing and mouthwatering buttery cookie crust. This delicious crust is just the beginning of the sweet dessert.
CREAM CHEESE: Full fat cream cheese is what you will want to use for most cheesecakes. The water content is less so it will set up better and not simply liquify as easily at room temperature to create an absolutely melt-in-your-mouth dessert. Another important factor, is making sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before you begin. This helps to ensure it blends smoothly so you do not have any lumps of cream cheese in your finished dish.
SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK: Sweetened Condensed Milk is the key. When we don’t have the time or the desire to make a traditional cheesecake we can make a no bake cheese cake and the key to creating one is Sweetened Condensed Milk. It lightens up the cream cheese while adding sweetness and helps it set up in the refrigerator instead of the oven like regular cheesecake.
WHIPPED TOPPING: Fold in the whipped cream to the filling gently. If you mix it too much it will deflate. We want a cake that is light and delicious yet firms up in the refrigerator.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR GOLDEN OREO CHEESECAKE
HOW DO YOU STORE GOLDEN OREOS CHEESECAKE LEFTOVERS? You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. These are cream cheese based so they must be refrigerated.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
SIGN UP FOR NOTIFICATIONS SO YOU NEVERMISS AN UPDATE
VIDEO SHOWING THE PROCESS
LIKE VIDEO’S? FOLLOW ME ON –> YOUTUBE
HOW TO MAKE GOLDEN OREO CHEESECAKE
15 Minutes are all you need to prep this decedent no bake cheesecake. The prep work is quick and easy. The hardest part is waiting for it to chill in the refrigerator so it sets up.
1) Chop 8 or 9 cookies, with a sharp knife, into quarters.
2) Place 25 whole golden Oreos in the food processor and blend until they become crumbs.
3) Mix the melted butter into the cookie crumbs.
4) Dump the crumb mixture into a 9″ springform pan that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick spray and press to form the pie crust. Place it in the refrigerator while preparing the filling.
5) In a mixing bowl with your stand mixer or using a hand held mixer beat the cream cheese until it’s smooth and then add the sweetened condensed milk and mix until combined.
6) Fold in the whipped topping and then the quartered cookies.
7) Spread this filling onto the chilled crust and cover with plastic wrap.
8) Place back into the refrigerator and chill for at least 3 hours allowing it to set up.
9) Before serving you can decorate it with more cookies, crumbs, whipped topping, caramel or whatever you would like.
KITCHEN SUGGESTIONS *Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature *Use full fat cream cheese so it sets up better in the refrigerator. *Do not over mix the whipped topping or it will deflate. Gently fold it in just to combine it. *You can eat this right away, but chilling it gets it to set up to a firmer state.
CAN I USE A DIFFERENT COOKIE? Absolutely. You can use a store brand similar cookie or change it up completely with regular Oreos, mint, pumpkin spice, or any flavor of cookie you would really like to try.
Here are some other delicious dessert ideas: Oreo Cheesecake Brownies White Chocolate Raspberry Blondies No Bake Blueberry Cream Cheese Dessert Cups
Golden Oreo Cheesecake
- 1 9" springform pan
- 1 Food processor (can also crush the cookies in a bag with a mallet or rolling pin)
- 1 stand mixer (a hand held mixer or by hand works as well)
- 1 mixing bowl
- 2¼ c Golden Oreo crumbs approximately 25 cookies
- ⅓ c butter melted
- 16 oz cream cheese full fat
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz whipped topping Cool whip
- ¾ c Golden Oreo's chopped
- 8 Golden Oreo's whole
- Reddi whip
- caramel drizzle
- In your food processor or by hand crush approximately 25 cookies to make 2 ¼ cups of crumbs for the crust.
- Mix ⅓ cup of melted butter into the crumbs and mix well.
- Press the crumb mix into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a 9" spring form pan. Refrigerate the crust while you prepare the filling.
- Use a knife to chop approximately 9 golden Oreos into fourths and set aside.
- In your stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk together until fully combined.
- Add in the whipped topping and fold with a spatula until combined.
- Now fold in the 9 Oreos you chopped prior.
- Pour this mixture on top of the cookie crust in the springform pan and smooth it out. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for around 3 hours.
- To serve up stand the 8 Oreo's around the out side edge, spray Reddi whip topping, drizzle with caramel sauce as desired.