Valentines day is right around the corner and these delicious white chocolate raspberry blondies are a perfect treat. Chocolate is always a go-to for me, but the buttery vanilla base in this recipe paired with fresh raspberries and white chocolate creates a taste that is simply mouth watering.
WHY DO I LOVE THESE BLONDIES?
- They are quick and easy and only require 10 basic ingredients (nothing fancy)
- They do not require any special equipment. You only need a bowl, a whisk, and an 8 x 8 baking dish
- The chewy and fudgy consistency
- A sweet vanilla base that is melt in your mouth delicious
VIDEO OF THE PROCESS
LIKE VIDEO’S? FOLLOW ME ON –> YOUTUBE
HOW LONG WILL THESE BLONDIES LAST?
If you were to have leftovers, you can store blondies in an airtight container on the counter or in the refrigerator for up to one week.
BUTTER Unsalted butter is used to control the salt content in the blondies.
BROWN SUGAR We use a light brown sugar to create the fudgy texture we are looking for without have the stronger taste that comes with dark brown sugar.
GRANULATED SUGAR White sugar is drier which helps to create a chewy texture while brown sugar has the molasses content creating a fudgy consistency.
EGG The egg helps bind the ingredients, gives them structure, and helps them to rise a bit. Adding an extra yolk not only gives more protein, but also some flavor, fat, and lecithin which is an emulsifier. This holds it all together and allows the batter to take in extra moisture and extra sugar.
VANILLA EXTRACT Vanilla is all about the flavor. This recipe calls for 2 tsp which gives these blondies a mouth-watering taste.
ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR Flour helps bind everything together and participates in giving these blondies their structure.
SALT Salt is a flavor enhancer, so in baking it helps to create an even sweeter taste.
WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS These are a light color dessert, so I opted for white chocolate especially since we are adding raspberries to the batter. I have seen blondies with milk chocolate creating a chocolate chip cookie type appearance. Color and taste wise I opted for white.
RASPBERRIES Fresh or frozen can be used for the recipe, but if you do use frozen do NOT thaw them prior to mixing them in.
PRO TIPS Alternative ideas for this recipe: You can use White chocolate chunks or make your own from your favorite chocolate bar. Instead of fresh raspberries you can use frozen, but if you do add them to the mixture frozen. Do not thaw them out first. You could also do a drizzle or dip the squares in white chocolate after they are cooled and cut into squares.
VIDEO: THE PROCESS
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
SIGN UP FOR NOTIFICATIONS SO YOU NEVERMISS AN UPDATE
HOW TO MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY BLONDIES
These blondies are so easy to throw together. They are thick, chewy and loaded with flavor! The vanilla, white chocolate and fresh raspberries make this an irresistible combination we absolutely love and hope you do too.
1. Get the oven preheating to 350 F and line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In your large bowl pour in the sugars, melted butter, and whisk until smooth and combined.
3. Add in your egg, egg yolk, and the vanilla next. Whisk again until it all incorporated.
4. Now add in the salt and flour. Use a spatula to fold it all together.
5. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
6. Finally, gently fold in the raspberries.
7. Pour the mixture into your prepared dish and gently press flat.
8. Put this delicious dessert in the oven at 350 F for about 40 minutes.
9. When the edges are browning and the center is set and no longer jiggly, remove and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Then you can remove them from the dish and cutting into squares.
CAN I FREEZE THESE BLONDIES?
Yes, you can freeze them for up to three months if wrapped properly. You will want to put them in freezer bags with as much of the air removed as you can.
WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BLONDIE AND A BROWNIE?
First, there is the obvious difference in that brownies are made with chocolate (cocoa) and blondies are not. The butter, brown sugar, and vanilla in blondies give them more of a caramel type taste. The brown sugar gives them an added chewy factor in addition to the hint of molasses.
MORE RECIPE IDEAS YOU CAN TRY No bake blueberry cream cheese dessert cups Strawberry cake cookies Mandarin orange roll cake
WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY BLONDIES
- 1 8 x 8 baking dish
- ¾ c melted unsalted butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- ½ c granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1½ c all-purpose flour
- 1 c white chocolate chips
- ¾ c fresh raspberries
- Preheat your oven to 350° F and line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In your large bowl, whisk the butter and both sugars together until thoroughly mixed.
- Add in the vanilla, both the egg and extra yolk and beat with the whisk until smooth.
- Next use a spatula and fold in the salt and flour until completely combined.
- Pour in the white chocolate chips and fold them in as well.
- Finally, gently fold in the raspberries and press into your parchment lined 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in the 350° F oven for 40 minutes until the edges are browned and the center is set. (no longer jiggly).
- Place the dish on a wire cooling rack and let it completely cool in the pan before removing and cutting into squares.