These are another one of my favorite cookies. These soft monster cookies are chewy with all the right ingredients. This cookie has the sugary sweetness I crave, with the addition of not only peanut butter, but its also loaded with two kinds of chocolate goodness: chocolate chips and M & M’s.
These cookies really are fast to mix up and only take 10 – 12 minutes in the oven. They maintain their thick stature very well and as long as you don’t over bake them they stay soft and chewy.
I roll my dough smaller so when they bake they end up making a 2 – 2.5 inch cookie. At this size I am able to make approximately 40 cookies with this recipe. If you make then larger ending up with a 3 – 3.5 inch cookie you can get around 30.
If you enjoy these, you may also enjoy my Molasses thumb print cookies.
- All-purpose flour
- baking soda
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- peanut butter smooth
- Quaker old-fashioned rolled oats or similar
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- M & M’s
How to make Monster Cookies
(Preheat the oven to 350 degrees)
Line your cookie sheets with either parchment paper or silicone mats
Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl. Now in another mixing bowl with your mixer, beat the butter and both sugars until well combine, approximately 1 – 2 minutes.
Now mix in the vanilla extract, egg, and peanut butter. Don’t forget to occasionally scrape the sides of the bowl. I know my mixer doesn’t get the entire bottom and sides, so I will periodically stop it and use a spatula to make sure it all gets mixed well.
Now add in the flour mixtures followed by the oats . Once this is all mixed together well add in the chocolate chips and M & M’s.
Roll the dough into balls and place on your prepared cookie sheets. I roll mine smaller creating approximately forty cookies with a diameter of 2 to 2.5 inches. If I make them a bit larger creating cookies that are 3 to 3.5 inches I can get around 30 from this recipe.
Place the tray in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes just until the tops are set and remove from the oven. Let them cool a couple minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring them to the rack to cool completely.
VIDEO OF THE PROCESS
LIKE VIDEO’S? FOLLOW ME ON –> YOUTUBE
Just like with my other cookies, I store these in a storage container with a slice of bread to keep them soft.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
SIGN UP FOR NOTIFICATIONS SO YOU NEVERMISS AN UPDATE
Please share your creations with me if you try this recipe on Facebook and Instagram.
Soft Monster Cookies
- 2 cookie sheets
- 2 Silicone mats or parchment paper
- Cooling racks
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ c brown sugar
- ¼ c granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter (½ cup)
- ½ c peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1⅓ c Quaker old fashioned oats
- 1 c M & M's
- ½ c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees so it can preheat and prepare your cookie sheets with either silicone mats or parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl and place it off to the side.
- Now with the mixer start off by creaming the butter and both sugars together. Beat for a couple minutes.
- Next add the vanilla, peanut butter, and egg until fully combined.
- Now mix in the flour mix followed by the oats and then the chocolate chips and M & M's. Don't forget to scrape the sides on occasion.
- Form into small dough balls and place on your cookie sheet. Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes depending on your oven.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for a couple minutes before moving to the wire rack to cool completely.